Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Use Blur to Make White-Hot Text...or Red...or Blue...


I was tinkering around with Inkscape the other day when I noticed that not only can I blur shapes or images, but I can also blur text!
This card shows what happens when I put two text boxes with the same words in them on top of each other: the bottom one blurry and the top just regular.
The top layer transmits intensity and focus and the bottom blurry layer suggests that the text is so bright it is blurring your vision!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Bruce Westfall said...

You can also make a duplicate of the text, increase the outline size, blur, then drop below original text.

This makes the blur totally suuround the letter.

Yellow or light blue blur behind a white letter looks pretty cool. If the blur is too bright, adjust the opacity til it looks perfect!